Attention All UFCW Local 1500 Pathmark members
Yesterday, UFCW Local 1500 was notified that A&P will be offering a Voluntary Separation Program or Buyout. Understandably, this announcement will immediately generate many questions. The following are the only facts that we can confirm as of the writing of the statement:
1. The Buyout will be offered to full time members with more than 5 years of service.
2. The Buyout will not be offered to department managers or part time members.
3. We do not have details regarding the eligibility of Pathmark members who are full time and earn a premium and we have demanded clarification from the company.
4. On Monday February 20th, UFCW Local 1500 Delegates and company
representatives will be meeting in the Pathmark store located in Mt. Vernon NY, a supermarket which is scheduled to close. Further discussion regarding the Buyout will take place at that time.
5. Detailed information about the company sponsored Buyout program will be made available to all eligible full time members next week.
These are the only details regarding the Buyout that UFCW Local 1500 has at this point. We understand that there will be many rumors and questions until the exact details are released next week. We urge you to ignore those rumors. Discussing any information that cannot be confirmed will only prove confusing and frustrating.
UFCW Local 1500 will continue to keep you updated with only accurate and confirmed information and we will keep you informed as we receive additional details. If you have any other questions, please contact your Union representative. Tweet